Monday, September 3, 2012

[remember all the things that you and i did first?]

happy labor day everyone!
this weekend was absolutely crazy but it was a great way to end my first week at school!
Saturday we all slept in and then went to the Strand again. This time I actually bought three books (for $5!!) and some postcards to decorate our room. Came back to Goddard and hung out until we went to times square at midnight! It was so much fun to go up and see the entire place lit up with all of the lights. You could hardly tell that it was after midnight because everything was so bright. We ended up just walking around before getting gelato. We finally got back to the dorm at around 1:30 and the girls just hung out in our suite before bed.
Then yesterday I woke up and felt like I had been hit by a bus. My roommate has been sick for a few days and I knew it was just a matter of time before I got sick as well. So I spent the majority of the day in bed, drinking tea like crazy. By like 7:30 I still had no idea if I felt well enough to go on the cruise but eventually I just sucked it up and went although now I'm really glad that I did! It was such a cool experience and it kinda set in that I live here. Most of my friends are having a normal college experience in their college town going to college parties and football games. I, on the other hand, have this absolutely amazing opportunity that is living in New York City. I still can't believe it.
We finally got back around 4 and I was absolutely dead on my feet. I slept in this morning and then got lunch with Victoria, one of my fellow J-Staffers! It was so nice to just catch up with her since I haven't seen her since the end of July. It also was nice to see a familiar face since I've been overwhelmed with meeting all sorts of new people. Now we're just hanging around the residence hall before dinner and another floor meeting tonight.
Classes start tomorrow, I'm so excited!
--cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment