Wednesday, September 26, 2012

[you look familiar]

This city makes me restless. Before moving here, I was able to spend an entire afternoon on my computer and not even bat an eye. Now, I feel like I'm missing something even as I write this at 10:59 pm.
New York is truly the city that never sleeps and there is always something going on. There's the fear of missing out. Today, I should have worked on a paper and studied for micro. Instead, I went to the Met with one of my suitemates. Why? I didn't want to miss out on the opportunity. I'll be at the Met next week with one of my classes, but the thought of staying in my dorm and studying made me restless.
Last night, Brynn and I walked the stairs of our dorm because we couldn't just sit in Megan's room and chill. Maybe its the caffeine. Maybe its the fact that I'm in a new place.
It isn't necessarily a bad thing because the restlessness is forcing me to get out and be social and explore this wonderful city. And I am being productive. I'm not super behind on homework, I'll probably catch up by the end of the week. I go to the library all the time with Brynn.
If anything, I'm definitely learning time management!
--cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment